Saturday, August 28, 2010

with change comes a new look...

So, I don't think it would be possible for someone to be more ready for fall. I mean really, how much hot weather does one person really need? I'm thinking only of falling red, orange and brown leaves, a crisp feeling in the breeze, that change in the way the light shines from the sun. Boots, sweaters and a scarf. Maybe even the smell of pumpkin pie. Mmmmm...these are all things that I love. Fall. What a wonderful time of year. Oh how I miss you fall. I eagerly await your precious arrival. In honor of this blessed season's arrival shortly, a new look for the blog. I can't wait to see what this fall will hold for our family. Joel will likely be rolling over, cooing and hopefully be outgrowing his need for reflux medication. Kayleigh will be rounding out her first semester in first grade (whoa!) and Ethan will no doubt have figured out how to climb on the roof! Stinker!

You know, when you think about it, fall is really all about change. Everything changes. The scenery changes, activities change etc.. The kids are always growing and changing into the adults they will someday become, I'm hopefully becoming more the wife and mommy my family needs and it is all happening so quickly we hardly see it happening. I pray I can stop and treasure these changes as they are happening. It's hard to want to treasure screaming babies or arguments, 3 a.m. feedings, dirty diapers and never getting it all together. But these are the things that, in this season, the Lord is guiding for a purpose. He is giving me these times for a very specific reason. I pray I have the wisdom to ask for His grace to guide me through the not-so-fun times and the thankful heart to appreciate His goodness in the good times.

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

No comments: