Monday, August 2, 2010

cookies with kayleigh

Today Kayleigh and I made some Drop Sugar Cookies. They are soooo yummy! I got the recipe from our friend Meagan. I strongly suggest you make a batch! You won't be disappointed! Here's the recipe if you're interested. They're some of the easiest cookies I've ever made and take no time at all. These days, that's a really great thing! I'm slowly but surely finding things that both Kayleigh and Ethan love to do and we can do together to keep them occupied. I never had to do this before Joel got here, but this is our new normal, I suppose. They used to just play together for hours without fighting. It's kinda fun though in a way. It's forcing me to get creative! I'll post tomorrow what else we did today. Let's just say if the LARGE mess in the playroom is an indication of how much fun they were having, then mission accomplished!

Drop Sugar Cookies

2 eggs
3/4 c sugar
2/3 c oil
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix eggs, sugar, oil, lemon, and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Slightly flatten with greased glass bottom dipped in sugar. (I spray a little cooking spray on the bottom of a glass and then dip in sugar. You may need to reapply cooking spray after 5-6 cookies.)

Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

First we mixed the dough...

Then we baked them...

And then we ate them! The best part!

See? Yummy!

No comments: