Saturday, August 7, 2010

What a difference a year makes...

*I wrote this post almost 6 months ago and never got around to finishing it. I thought since today was Joel's 1 month birthday, it would be appropriate to remember how the Lord took something so painful as the loss of an unborn child, and made it such a joy, as we now get to hold this precious little baby boy. Today was a pretty rough day with Joel, but even on those days, who would trade it?! I will post some pictures of his 1st month tomorrow, but for now, I want to be thankful and mindful of God's many blessings.*


Almost a year ago, Jeffrey and I lost our fourth child in a miscarriage at 10 weeks. To say our hearts were broken would be a gross understatement. But, just as in the case with our first miscarriage, the Lord remained faithful to heal our hearts and went above and beyond that to bless us with another little angel. After the first miscarriage we were blessed with little Ethan. God created such a unique and precious little guy in Ethan, so I can only imagine what our newest little boy will be like!

As I was getting dressed this morning, Kayleigh reminded me, "Momma, you wore that when Gigi took your picture when you were pregnant with the last baby!" She was totally right. How do these little people remember such little details like that? Anyway, here is a look back and a look toward the future! Oh, and I am now 24 weeks in the new picture. Times'a flyin'! July will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

The Skains Family said...

I had no idea you have lost so many babies due to miscarraige. That is so heartbreaking. We had one before our first was born and it tore me up. Can't imagine going through that more than once. God is so faithful though isn't he. Your 3 kiddos are absolutely beautiful!